software engineering résumé
Google: software engineer III
June 2018 - present
Completed business-critical migrations and made tactical improvements in the rapidly evolving space of supply chain automation.
- Created a self-service app to configure automatic creation of shipping orders.
- Saved ~0.5 person-years per year in operational toil.
- Migrated a ~20-page UI ahead of the deprecation of the front-end platform.
- Fixed cryptic and error-prone UX.
- Without this migration, there would have been no task tracking or inventory tracking for installing part kits.
- Migrated creation of shipping orders to a different third-party system.
- Met the aggressive deadline set by upper management.
- Successfully steered an overlapping in-progress migration to a clean state.
- Reduced operations toil by empowering users to select alternative sources for shipments.
- Revamped on-call playbook and triage process.
- Guaranteed visibility of all incoming issues within support time limit.
- Reduced toil by automating clean-up of invalid shipping orders.
- Created custom alerts to identify automation blockages.
- Designed a deduplication strategy for noisy alerts. Side project: Corrected ~100 improperly coded Spanish voice command phrases in an Android accessibility app.
- Proactively found and eliminated a subtle bug that made it impossible to change navigation modes.
Adjuvet: co-founder, software engineer
August 2015 - May 2018
Created a gig economy service to get veterinarians paid faster and hired more efficiently.
SmugMug: front-end web development intern
June 2014 - August 2014
Created UI components for a website builder.
- Increased voluntary user migration 10x by creating a preview pane.
- Improved visual presentation of photos on user portfolios by creating an image carousel.
Rochester Institute of Technology: BS in Software Engineering
graduated May 2015
- Created an open-source graph layout editor for Two Sigma Investments.
- Course work in artificial intelligence.
January 2021 - present
Created a graphically intuitive 24-hour watch face for smart watches.
- Devised a simple formula to get local sunrise and sunset times offline.
- Designed an at-a-glance graphical display for sunrise and sunset times.
alternate reality games / escape rooms
December 2014 - present
Created and hosted puzzle games to be played in the real world.
- Created a mobile app to give geographic clues based on GPS.
- Invented a writing system and created clues that teach players to read it.
- Created detailed diagrams to track players’ progress.
- Devised new in-game hints in real time to assist stuck players.
- Designed and manufactured clues, tools, and props.
- Doctored photos to add spooky ghosts alongside players.
- Automated scheduling tasks.
2007 - 2008
Created a desktop app to aid speed reading.